- 15 Nov 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
- Updated on 15 Nov 2021
- 3 Minutes to read
There are a number of reasons for moving into your own Dedicated Server (Bare Metal) environment. Some make commercial sense while others are crucial to your business security. Perhaps your busy website is expanding in size, popularity and traffic. Or maybe you need a fast, powerful and highly secure offsite storage solution for sensitive corporate data that cannot be on a shared platform to meet compliance.
Our Dedicated Servers offer you better control with complete root and console access. The flexibility and scalability options mean you’re not locked into technical specifications if your needs change.
Dedicated hardware provides you with the peace of mind that you are not sharing resources or hardware and therefore not open to potential resource impacts or threats from third parties
HPE Enterprise Servers
Nearly all modern-day cloud workloads utilise some form of virtualisation whether it be VMware vSphere (ESXi) or Windows Hyper V. These platforms run with more stability when the hardware is certified with a virtualisation software stack. When it comes to Dedicated Servers (Bare Metal) solutions, many providers sell you hardware that might run virtualisation workloads, but are not designed for it as they are not certified at each component level. Our HPE Enterprise servers, on the other hand, are designed for running high performance virtualisation workloads, as well as for baremetal performance, which gives you peace of mind that your virtual servers or baremetal applications, will run blazingly fast.
Forget reacting to issue after issue with limited visibility across the complex, siloed infrastructure. HPE InfoSight delivers AI-powered autonomous operations that ensure your environment is always-on, always-fast, and always-agile allowing you to focus on what is important, your business and not your infrastructure.
Self-managing, Self-healing, Self-optimising with AI-powered operations.
All drives in our Enterprise range are Enterprise models with firmware that is optimised by HPE to deliver even more stability. They also report to HPE Infosight monitoring systems their health and the percentage of life remaining. Any drives nearing their usage will be replaced before they fail.
One of the most important features any client should understand is the storage controller and its capabilities. All Enterprise Servers come with Tri-Mode capable controllers which support NVMe, SAS and SATA drives in the hot-swap bays. The controllers also support both HBA and RAID mode, this allows clients to use these servers in both Hyperconvered (HCI) solutions and also RAID mode for redundancy and protecting against drive failures.
All raid controllers also report the health of the drives even in RAID mode. This all reports back to HPE Infosight platform.
- RAID 0,1,10,5,6,50,60, JBOD
HPE Standard Memory offers the best combination of pricing, quality, reliability and compatibility for HPE ProLiant servers designed to help the business achieve powerful results with right-sized affordable solutions. HPE Standard Memory is outstanding for businesses looking for memory with a low acquisition cost, exceptional performance, optimized compatibility, assured reliability and comprehensive management through AIOPS monitoring to Infosight.
- HPE Standard Memory is compliant with JEDEC specifications and offers industry-standard memory speed with assured quality and reliability.
- It has passed rigorous qualification tests to ensure consistent performance.
- With its Error Correcting Code (ECC) feature, HPE Standard Memory can protect the business data from data loss during unplanned system downtime.
- Future ROM updates will enable HPE Standard Memory will work in conjunction with the HPE Active Health System, which monitors changes to the server hardware configuration to enable lifecycle monitoring of memory health status.
- Having insight into memory-related service events will shorten the diagnosis of problems and deliver rapid resolutions if and when failures occur.
- Whereas a pre-failure alert simply notifies the administrator of an impending failure, HPE Standard Memory will provide insight with rich information on memory-related events like multibit errors or configuration issues.
In the enterprise range clients have a wide range of processors utilising the latest AMD EPYC and Intel Xeon Processors. Processors can have up to 64 Cores per socket, if you need high processor core counts per server of 128 physical cores please contact our sales team.
There are a few performance numbers when comparing processors. The three main performance numbers you need to look at are:
- Core Megahertz (mhz)
- Core Count
- Single-Threaded Performance
We always recommend our customers to review a public database that allows you to compare the performance of different processors - CPU Benchmark